Find out more...
Whether you are still serving, in transition or a former officer wishing to change career in later life, the OA is able to offer professional, impartial and practical advice on all aspects of transition and employment. Find out more...
Do you need help with your transition from the Services? The OA is on hand throughout your entire career, from finding your first job to advising on a change in direction. We can:
- provide informal and confidential guidance on your next move
- give advice on a variety of sectors
- open up opportunities with our supportive network
- provide access to roles through our Executive Jobs Board
Are you looking for help or advice on benefits or accommodation? The OA is here to support officers and their dependants.
Our Benevolence team can:
- provide a friendly and confidential service tailored to your needs
- help you cope with a wide range of expenses
- assist with unexpected general living costs that can occur
- signpost you to other charities if we can't help
The evolution of technology means that you can now conduct your job search through a variety of different channels – just using a printed CV and cover letter on their own isn’t likely to get ...24th March 2017
With productivity up by 29% over the past five years and an annual turnover of £24bn, the defence sector remains a buoyant industry. The sense of confidence from the sector and its reputation for continual ...21st March 2017
Two years ago this week the Officers’ Association (OA) opened its first regional office; with the aim of supporting officers as they leave the Armed Forces and transition into civilian life. We started with ...17th March 2017