How we helpThe Officers’ Association works with both serving and former officers and reservists from across the Armed Forces and their families.
Find out more about our Employment and Benevolence services.
Find out more...
Whether you are still serving, in transition or a former officer wishing to change career in later life, the OA is able to offer professional, impartial and practical advice on all aspects of transition and employment.
Find out more...
Do you need help with your transition from the Services? The OA is on hand throughout your entire career, from finding your first job to advising on a change in direction. We can:
- provide informal and confidential guidance on your next move
- give advice on a variety of sectors
- open up opportunities with our supportive network
- provide access to roles through our Executive Jobs Board
Are you looking for help or advice on benefits or accommodation? The OA is here to support officers and their dependants.
Our Benevolence team can:
- provide a friendly and confidential service tailored to your needs
- help you cope with a wide range of expenses
- assist with unexpected general living costs that can occur
- signpost you to other charities if we can't help
Franchising can be an ideal career for veterans wanting to avoid the normal ‘9-5’. Ed Ross, a former Army officer who went into franchising to escape the ‘job hamster wheel’, shared with us his insights ...13th July 2018
By Lee Holloway, CEO at the OA. Recruiters have an opportunity to celebrate and benefit from the experience and skills honed during military service every single day of the year. Tapping into the talent pool of ...9th July 2018
Nick Channer, a former Colonel in the Royal Regiment of Scotland, networked with confidence after attending an OA career event, leading to his first civilian role. Nick served in the Army for 35 years, leaving in ...5th July 2018