How we helpThe Officers’ Association works with both serving and former officers and reservists from across the Armed Forces and their families.
Find out more about our Employment and Benevolence services.
Find out more...
Whether you are still serving, in transition or a former officer wishing to change career in later life, the OA is able to offer professional, impartial and practical advice on all aspects of transition and employment.
Find out more...
Do you need help with your transition from the Services? The OA is on hand throughout your entire career, from finding your first job to advising on a change in direction. We can:
- provide informal and confidential guidance on your next move
- give advice on a variety of sectors
- open up opportunities with our supportive network
- provide access to roles through our Executive Jobs Board
Are you looking for help or advice on benefits or accommodation? The OA is here to support officers and their dependants.
Our Benevolence team can:
- provide a friendly and confidential service tailored to your needs
- help you cope with a wide range of expenses
- assist with unexpected general living costs that can occur
- signpost you to other charities if we can't help
Belonging to a professional body can really help build your new career. Stephen Day, a former Army captain and now an Associate Director at WYG a professional services firm, shares how belonging to one can ...14th August 2018
Mike Klidjian spoke to the OA about how he became a professional writer and his first novel Bluestreak. Tell us about yourself I joined the Royal Navy in 1999 as a warfare officer. Following basic training I ...10th August 2018
Interviews are sometimes daunting and it can be difficult to know exactly what an employer wants. Ben Gledhill, Head of Resourcing at Yodel, shares his thoughts on how to perform well. The key is to remain ...6th August 2018