Ahead of the first Ex-Military in Management Virtual Careers Fair, the Officers’ Association Career Consultants, Lisa Jones and Clive Lowe, discuss how to gain maximum value from the event.
The Careers Fair, organised by the Officers’ Association (OA) and SaluteMyJob, takes place on Tuesday 6th June, 10am-8pm, and Wednesday 7th June, 10am-6pm. The event is aimed at serving and former officers wanting management roles in the commercial or third sectors. It is the biggest event ever run by the OA, with a record number of people registered to attend. However, being a Virtual Careers Fair means there are still places available. Book your place on the Careers Fair.
What is a Virtual Career Event?
A Virtual Career Event is a digital platform where you can access exhibitor stands; engage with recruiters and employers and find jobs specifically of interest to officers. You can visit a virtual auditorium, and watch live and recorded webcast presentations. There will be professional networking features including scheduled discussions, message boards, forums, group chat and one-to-one career advice sessions.
What are the benefits?
You can access the event on any digital device with internet access. Being a virtual event means no travel or accommodation costs, and you can ‘drop in and out’ at your own convenience.
Top tips for success
- Prepare and plan – know what you want; your available start date; salary expectations and have a CV.
- Engage – visit all the stands, talks and discussions that interest you.
- Ask questions – talk to the exhibitors about what they want from potential employees, and ask the career advisers about how to maximise your appeal to employers.
- Collect information – write down any important tips and useful people’s contact details.
- Follow up – ensure companies know you are interested in them and have your contact details.
We look forward to seeing you at the Careers Fair.