Join the Transport for London’s for their 6th annual Industry Day for the Armed Forces community to gain an insight into careers in the transport industry after leaving the forces.
Following previous Industry Days many people have transferred their skills to exciting career opportunities, not just at Transport for London, but within their supply chain. This year Siemens are the official headline sponsors for this exciting military day.
On the day you will have the opportunity to attend a range of workshops and events designed to:
- Help you to gain an understanding of how we keep London moving
- Help you find out more about what roles are available in transportation and how your skills are transferable
- Give you an opportunity to speak to people who have made the transition to civilian work in the transport industry
- Help you tailor your CV and brush up your interview skills so you are ready to apply for civilian roles
- Help you build your LinkedIn profile and develop a professional network
- Give you a chance to apply and potentially even interview for live roles on the day
TFL will be offering tours of their signals training facilities at Stratford, alongside an engineering room so you can find out how the technical skills you’ve developed working on helicopters, tanks, and other military vehicles can be transferred to trains, trams, and even the DLR!
There will be plenty of opportunities to speak to people who have attended previous events and are now working within the Transport Industry, and there will be a panel of current employees that have made the transition from the forces to transport who will be sharing their experiences. You’ll have an opportunity to ask them any questions you have about making the change.
“A meticulously planned event which provides service personnel with a genuine opportunity to network with a purpose. You get out what you put into the day. I believe in the mission of the TFL Smart Sourcing initiative as I am a product of its success.” – Veneisha Reid, Assistant Project Manager
Date: Friday 8th March 2019
Time: 9:00 – 17:00
Location: Stratford Skills Training Centre, Stratford Market Depot, Burford Road, London E15 2SP
Tickets are free and places are limited on a first come, first served basis.