When you register you will be asked for:
Your first and last names
Date of birth
This helps us to understand your profile.
An automatic e-mail will be sent to this address to acknowledge your registration. It will be your username to access the OA website.
We will use this address:
- To confirm any event or service you book online and to follow up on any appointments you may make with us or to seek feedback on our services.
- To process your application for a job posted on the OA Jobs Board, with a third-party employer through the “Apply through OA” facility.
- To let you know about the Employment Services we offer, and any third-party services, according to the preferences you register with us.
- To prompt you every 12 months to update your profile and to check you still want to have access to our services.
- To check with you on your date of discharge and 6 and 12 months later whether you have found employment and still need our services.
- If you want to make use of the OA Network Contact List (the Network Contact List consists of volunteers from the veteran community now in civilian employment), we will use this address to allow people on the list to get in touch with you. More information about the Network Contact list and the privacy terms can be found on the OA website.
- Once you are in employment, to ask you if you are happy to become a Network Contact.
This allows us to identify regional needs and provide appropriate services where we identify demand.
Mobile telephone number
This will only be used to contact you about the event or service to which you have subscribed.
This allows us to verify your identity and acts as your personal identifier in contacts with us, together with your e-mail address.
Service, rank, branch, status, joining and discharge date
These details will inform us about your military background and allow us to offer appropriate services to you.
This will ensure we only send you e-mails you want. You may change these preferences at any time.
Dropdown boxes on how you heard about the OA
This will help our research into how best to reach the maximum number of Service leavers.
CV and Career Consultation
You may subsequently be asked to provide a CV. A written record will be made of any CV review or career consultation and any relevant information given to the Employment Services Co-ordinators; these records will only be used for the provision of employment services. We will only pass your CV to any third party with your consent.
To process your application for a job posted on the OA Jobs Board by a third-party employer. When you click” Apply Now” we will review your CV and cover letter, shortlist and may pass your information on to the third-party employer for further action.
We may aggregate any of the above information and use it without identifying you or disclosing your name to shape our services and to inform our research and reporting to ensure we are meeting our charitable purpose.
HOW WE HANDLE YOUR DATA
We send out largescale e-mailings (according to registered preferences) using dotmailer; their privacy information can be found at www.dotmailer.com/about-us/trust.
Callidus Cloud, Financial Force, LogMeIn and dotmailer are US companies which have self-certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield and introduced standard contractual clauses to comply with the GDPR and to protect your data. Salesforce, Callidus Cloud and dotmailer will store your data in Europe, but, given the global nature of their activities, we cannot guarantee that they will not process your data outside the European Economic Area.
Other data processors used to support the OA’s administrative and technological functions are based in the UK.
The OA will not share your personal data with any other third party without your consent, subject to any statutory or legal obligations.
We will retain your data electronically for 5 years from registration, unless you ask us to retain it for longer. You may, however, ask to be removed from our database at any time and for us to stop processing your data. All paper copies of CVs and notes made during career consultations are stored securely and, once recorded electronically, deleted securely. Please inform us if you notice any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you or if anything needs updating. If you wish to make any changes to your data or to be removed from the list, please contact the OA at email@example.com or tel. 0203 761 6343.
You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of the personal data we hold on you.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Object to direct marketing.
- Have corrected or deleted any errors in your personal data.
- Ask that your data be erased subject to any statutory or legal requirements placed on the data controller.
- Ask that the processing of your data be restricted, if you disagree about the accuracy of the data the controller holds or you object to the controller’s intention to erase your data.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: ico.org.uk/concerns or 0303 123 1113.
If you have any queries about this notice or your rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Gary Shipsey, on firstname.lastname@example.org.