Whether you are still serving, in transition or a former officer wishing to change career in later life, the OA is able to offer professional, impartial and practical advice on all aspects of transition and employment. Find out more...
Do you need help with your transition from the Services? The OA is on hand throughout your entire career, from finding your first job to advising on a change in direction. We can:
- provide informal and confidential guidance on your next move
- give advice on a variety of sectors
- open up opportunities with our supportive network
- provide access to roles through our Executive Jobs Board
Are you looking for help or advice on benefits or accommodation? The OA is here to support officers and their dependants.
Our Benevolence team can:
- provide a friendly and confidential service tailored to your needs
- help you cope with a wide range of expenses
- assist with unexpected general living costs that can occur
- signpost you to other charities if we can't help
Throughout your career in the Military, you will have gained valuable experience which is directly relevant to a management career in the civilian workplace. When making the transition to civvy street, or progressing through your ...1st June 2016
HighGround is a national charity supporting service leavers, veterans and reservists transition into the land based sector via its 5 day Rural Weeks programme followed by ongoing support from the HighGround Careers Manager . On the ...31st May 2016
John Lewis approached retired Partner and current OA Head of Benevolence, Evelyn Strouts, about an article on the important role of voluntary Honorary Representatives (Hon Reps) in the work of the Officers’ Association. She ...29th May 2016