USING OA DIGITAL RESOURCES
USING OA DIGITAL RESOURCES
Our Terms and Conditions
By using OA Digital Resources, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, do not use OA Digital Resources. The Officers’ Association reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of these OA Digital Resources after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights and material on these OA Digital Resources. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from OA Digital Resources for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that OA Digital Resources remain available or that the material is kept up-to-date. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in OA Digital Resources will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the OA Digital Resources or the servers that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs.
You must not:
- Republish material from OA Digital Resources
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from OA Digital Resources
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on OA Digital Resources for a commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on OA Digital Resources
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with OA Digital Resources, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under terms and conditions or in connection with OA Digital Resources, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of OA Digital Resources, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of OA Digital Resources.
This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
MEMBERSHIP Terms and Conditions
Date Updated: March 2022
Membership enables the Officers’ Association (OA) to carry out its charitable objects to provide support and assistance to officers and their families.
Registered charity number: 201321
- Members can update personal details at any time from their online Member profile. If the member requires a change to Username (email), they will need to contact the membership team at: email@example.com or call on 0207 808 4189
- OA Membership is individual and cannot be shared between two or more people, or across a company/organisation. The benefits associated with an individual member are only accessible to the named member.
- To deliver the benefits of membership, the OA will use members’ personal details to contact them via email and, at times, by post. In addition, the OA will send members details of forthcoming events along with general updates and information about OA benefits which are exclusive to the members. Members will be able to unsubscribe from email communications. However, if they do so, this may limit the OA’s ability to provide a fully comprehensive package of benefits.
- The OA reserves the right to revoke an individual membership if it transpires that the member has not been a commissioned officer within the British Armed Forces.
- Members are entitled to access (via the OA Members area of the OA website) benefits as listed on the membership pages. Print materials are not considered a reliable record of current membership benefits.
Data Protection and the use of your data
- In addition to contractual data, the OA will collect additional information from its members, which will be used to deliver the full membership package of benefits and services. This additional data will be used to deliver an enhanced, optimised membership service based on your Service history, your employment status and your current employment needs. We will use this data to tailor the information we share with you to ensure that it is relevant, useful and timely.
- Full details of what information will be collected and how it will be used can be found in the Membership Privacy Notice here
- Members will receive two types of emails from the OA, Service emails and Member Updates.
- Automated: These emails are automatically generated by our Salesforce database in response to use of benefits, for example to confirm successful booking of a Career Consultation or registration to attend an event. In effect, these emails are ‘receipts’ for your membership and benefit activity. They will be sent from our ‘Noreply’ account, you are unable to opt out of receiving them.
- Membership cycle: These emails are part of your membership cycle and will include your ‘Welcome’ email along with updates directly related to your OA membership, such as changes to benefits/services and the Terms and Conditions. These emails will be sent from our ‘membership@officersassociation account’. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails, you will need to contact the Membership Team
Member Updates emails
- The focus of these emails is to engage with our members and raise awareness of what the OA offers.
You can choose which Update emails you wish to receive at any time via ‘Email preferences’ within the ‘My Details’ area of your membership portal.
Types of emails:
- Job notifications– a selection of prime job opportunities picked from the OA Jobs Board sent directly to your Inbox
- Employment News, Events and Services – updates and information on the OA, our events and our member benefits
- Other OA Services– Updates and information on other OA services, for example Grants and Welfare
- Third Party Services– Direct news from our partners and sponsors (Please note, we will never share your personal data with ANY partner, sponsor or third party for marketing purposes)