Employment Services and Events Coordinator
Department: Employment Services
Responsible to: Senior Employment Engagement Manager
Responsible for: No Direct Reports
Location: York (with flexibility to travel, and to work occasional evenings)
The primary responsibility of the Employment Services Coordinator is to support the delivery of employment services and coordinate Employment Department events in order that the Officers’ Association (OA) can fulfil its’ charitable objectives.
Employment Services Administration. Provide administrative and other support for the OA Employment Department (OAED) and for Employment Services activities.
- Act as initial enquiry point for OAED queries from job seekers, network contacts, employers and other organisations, providing information on, and assistance with access to, OAED services.
- Coordinate the alumni group of former officers (network contacts and other supporters) and build the community in the North.
- Promote the uptake of OAED services through engagement with serving and former officers at events and through the wider military engagement.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Business Development Manager, Careers Consultants and the Head of Employment Services as required.
- In conjunction with other regional Employment Services Coordinators, take responsibility for Salesforce employment services functionality as follows;
- Manage Salesforce portal and App registration and access to OAED services for external users (job seekers, network contacts and employers).
- Provide initial response for log in and other user issues, escalating them to the Salesforce Administrator as required.
- Prepare departmental Salesforce reports and undertake other supporting activities including the upkeep of the Salesforce OAED diary, and the timely and accurate updating of Salesforce records.
- Coordinate lead generation administrative actions and follow-through.
- Produce website, social media and bulk email copy to promote OAED services and events. Ensure that Employment pages on website, portal and App are kept up to date, relevant and engaging and in accordance with OA Marketing guidelines.
- Coordinate employment newsletters to update jobseekers on OAED news and to promote current job postings and upcoming events
- Collaborate with and assist the Marketing Department with OAED-related campaigns.
- Cover for other OA team members as required.
Employment Department Event Coordination. Coordinate and provide administrative and marketing support for, OAED events such as workshops, symposia and webinars.
- Coordinate and deliver OAED events providing support through Salesforce / Eventbrite/ GotoWebinar and liaising with venues, suppliers, speakers and jobs seekers as required.
- Support the marketing of events including writing copy and posting to Eventbrite, GotoWebinar, App and the website, App and social media channels; .
- Assist with the running of OAED events as appropriate.
The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that can reasonably be considered within the scope and purpose of the job and aptitudes of the job holder.
- 5 GCSE’s (A*- C) or equivalent, including Maths & English.
- Experience of having worked in a similar role (Desirable).
- Experience of working in a customer service environment would be an advantage.
- Experience of organising events including the delivery of routine marketing tasks (both on and offline) preferred.
- Experience of managing a membership group including generating members and ongoing engagement would be an advantage.
- Self-starter with the ability to be flexible, adaptable and adopt a positive approach to change.
- Well organised with strong planning skills and ability to prioritise, manage a busy workload and multitask.
- Confident, self-motivated and proactive with ability to use own initiative. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven verbal and written communicator with strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in a challenging, fast paced and target driven environment.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and develop new processes.
- Excellent team player and listener.
- Proficient in the use of social media and other digital channels.
- Proficient using Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- Previous user experience with Salesforce or another CRM system preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the culture, values and processes of the Armed Forces an advantage.
To apply, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 27/06/18