Learning & Career Development Manager – The Officers’ Association – London – c. £45k
You could stay in the commercial or academic world… Or you could use your learning & development expertise to make a real difference.
It’s a big adjustment, leaving the Armed Services and there are many challenges to tackle in finding a new career. Fortunately, officers and their families can rely on professional, practical, impartial support from the Officers’ Association.
Helping veterans transition to a new role is key to our work. Now we want you at the heart of our Employment Services, ensuring officers receive the career development programmes and support they deserve.
About the role
In this key strategic role, we’ll look to you to oversee our courses and programmes for officers, from career consultations and CV workshops to networking events and online support programmes. By using your innovative approach to ensure services are modern, relevant, impactful and helpful, you’ll maximise officers’ prospects of long-term career success.
To be clear, you won’t be a detached, hands-off strategist. We want your vision and input driving the day-to-day delivery of our programmes, via your team of career consultants. And we’ll expect you to prove the efficacy of our programmes, and the potential for development, through constant evaluation and robust research.
You will have:
- A background in learning and development either in the Higher Education or commercial sectors with experience of transformation projects
- Strong IT skills with experience of developing and delivering digital services
- An entrepreneurial approach and ability to seek out new opportunities and identify funding streams
- Up to date knowledge of employment opportunities in a range of sectors
- Experience using CRM systems, data and research to report on and evaluate services
- Strong project management skills
- The positive, flexible attitude to drive change in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine interest in our work and empathy with the officers we serve.
Why join the Officer’s Association?
If you have a passion for helping people to develop skills and achieve rewarding careers, this is the role you’ve been waiting for. Your efforts will enable officers and their families to benefit from the newest and best programmes available, and you will benefit from playing your part in our winning culture and collaborative team.
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com