Business Development Manager (South West) – 1 year fixed term contract – salary competitive.
The Officer’s Association (OA) is a charity that assists Armed Forces Officers when they transition from military to civilian roles. We are looking for an individual to support business development activities across the South West and work with existing and new employers to deliver programmes, activities, jobs and other opportunities that support job seekers and enable the Officers’ Association (OA) to fulfil its charitable objectives.
As a member of the wider Employment Team, you will need to work with initiative, autonomy and have excellent planning and organisational skills in order to meet demanding programme delivery targets that will be set.
The role will involve significant travel throughout the South West region and to other OA offices in the UK.
To succeed in this role you must have:
• Educated to degree level or member of a professional body.
• Proven experience in a Business Development or Recruitment manager role.
• Experience or a working knowledge of the Armed Forces would be an advantage.
• Proven experience of developing and delivering successful projects/ and or programmes
• Experience of recruitment
• Knowledge of specific sectors and industries; in particular knowledge of IT and Cyber sectors would be very welcome.
• Confident, self-motivated and proactive with the ability to use initiative and take responsibility for delivering activity.
• Possess tact, diplomacy and have the ability to communicate at all levels both within an organisation and with external organisations, agencies and partners.
• Well organised with developed planning skills and ability to prioritise, manage a busy workload and multitask.
• Thrives in challenging, fast paced and target driven environment.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Possess innovative and creative skills.
• Excellent team player and listener.
• Demonstrable track record of continuous professional development.
• Proven experience or knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or key business agendas within organisations.
• Possess an understanding of marketing and best practice in growing social media communities and increasing engagement.
• Knowledge of best practice in conversion optimisation, analytics and other measurement tools and of Salesforce, Salesforce Applications or other CRM databases.
If you possess these skills and experience and believe could do well in a challenging and varied role, where multiple objectives will need to be met, ask for a job description or apply now with a CV and brief Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please also include details of your current salary package with your application.
Closing Date: Monday 6 November with interviews taking place in Bristol W/C 13 November.