Joining the Officers’ Association you’ll become part of a small, energetic team, working hard to support officers in their life beyond the Services.
The appointment of a new Director of Employment is key to the strategic development and financial sustainability of the Officers’ Association. The organisation is embarking on a programme of significant change. These changes will require a total review and subsequent implementation of existing business processes and outcomes. A strategic shift from a culture of passive delivery of existing services to one comprising a more commercial operating base. The person selected for the role will lead an experienced and enthusiastic team looking for clear and concise direction.
The primary responsibility of the Head of Employment Services is to lead and manage the employment and careers services provided to ex-officers in accordance with the Officers’ Association’s strategic objectives. The Head of Employment Services will be responsible for leading and managing the Employment Services Department, and for promoting those services and the OA’s collaboration with external partners. He/she will also contribute to the development of the OA’s strategy and policies and support the overall objectives and good governance of the OA.
Delivery of Employment Services: Lead and manage the Employment Services Department to ensure that it provides the most effective possible employment and careers support to ex-officers:
– Directs and supervises the activities of departmental staff
– Provides guidance for staff as needed and approves training opportunities
– Implements the charity’s policies
– Delegates duties among staff members
– Maintains departmental budgets as well as the individual projects it takes on
– Monitors costs against budget
– Researches and analyses industry trends, opportunities and other similar service providers to make informed strategy decisions
– Creates initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks, and maximises core strengths
– Identifies core competencies and defines operational goal
Promote the OA’s services and objectives amongst employers, other military charities and potential partners and collaborators:
– Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
– Provide market feedback to the CEO regarding competitive offerings, prospective employer needs and generate service development ideas.
– Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the employment services offered.
– Drive increased revenue and/or charitable contributions to achieve the charity’s ambitious revenue target.
– Planning and coordinating the implementation of account plans and the and the establishment of new accounts.
– Liaise with other charities in establishing and maintaining accounts of mutual interest.
– Proven business development, sales or marketing experience.
– Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
– Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
– Experience of planning, agreeing and managing delegated budgets;
– Detail-oriented and persuasive.
– Knowledge of the charity employment service sector, and Ministry of Defence MoD transition programmes would be an advantage.
– Degree level, member of a professional body or equivalent;
– Strong office IT skills;
– A good understanding of the use of customer relationship management systems;
– A good understanding of the practical application of technological solutions to support service delivery and customer / client engagement.
– Capable of providing strategic vision for the Employment Services Department within the context of the OA’s overall strategy;
– Ability to motivate and manage a team to work together to deliver services enthusiastically and effectively, and to implement new services and products;
– Commercially astute, articulate, dynamic, innovative and collaborative leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels;
– Effective verbal and written communicator and networker, internally and externally, and at all levels;
– A strong sense of integrity and openness, combined with commitment to good governance.
– Prepared to travel and work long days as required.
Salary circa 70k
Starting date: August 2020
Please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com