When you sign up to receive OABF News updates via email you will be asked for:
An automatic e-mail will be sent to this address to acknowledge your registration.
We will use this address:
- To let you know about military news, OABF activity, OABF membership and relevant Employment Services and Events we offer.
Dropdown box regarding your background.
Options include; officer, spouse/partner, military other rank, employer, other.
This will help us ensure that we are sending you relevant information and to support our research into how best to reach the maximum number of individuals and service leavers.
By signing up for OABF News updates you are agreeing to receive regular updates from the OABF. You may change these preferences at any time by using the link that will be available at the bottom of every email you receive or by contacting the OABF direct.
HOW WE HANDLE YOUR DATA
When you complete the online form your data will be collected and stored in dotdigital. dotdigital will also be used to send out your OABF News update emails (according to registered preferences); their privacy information can be found at: https://www.dotmailer.com/about-us/trust/
dotdigital is a US company which have self certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield and introduced standard contractual clauses to comply with the GDPR and to protect your data. dotdigital will store your data in Europe, but, given the global nature of their activities, we cannot guarantee that they will not process your data outside the European Economic Area.
Other data processors used to support the OABF’s administrative and technological functions are based in the UK.
The OABF will not share your personal data with any other third party without your consent, subject to any statutory or legal obligations.
We will retain your data electronically for 5 years from registration, unless you ask us to retain it for longer. You may, however, ask to be removed from our database at any time and for us to stop processing your data.
Please inform us if you notice any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you or if anything needs updating. If you wish to make any changes to your data or to be removed from the list, please contact the OABF at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 0203 761 6343.
You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of the personal data we hold on you.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Object to direct marketing.
- Have corrected or deleted any errors in your personal data.
- Ask that your data be erased subject to any statutory or legal requirements placed on the data controller.
- Ask that the processing of your data be restricted, if you disagree about the accuracy of the data the controller holds or you object to the controller’s intention to erase your data.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or 0303 123 1113.
If you have any queries about this notice or your rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Gary Shipsey, on email@example.com.